How many exams are there?
There are 9 written ground examinations with multiple choice answers, and one radio practical exam. You must pass Aviation Law before flying solo and Navigation and Meteorology before the qualifying solo cross-country flight.
We therefore recommend you study for the ground exams in conjunction with your flying training. Extra ground school on any subject is available from our instructors, and is booked and paid for in addition to your PPL course.
What exams are there?
- Air Law
- Human Performance
- Principles of Flight (Helicopter / Aeroplane)
- Operational Procedures (Helicopter / Aeroplane)
- Flight Performance & Planning (Helicopter / Aeroplane)
- Aircraft General Knowledge (Helicopter / Aeroplane)
- Navigation (Helicopter / Aeroplane)
These exams can be passed with self-study and assistance from our flight & ground instructors. GCSEs or A-Levels are not a requirement for the course, however a basic understanding of maths and physics is advisable.
What does it cost?
Sessions are priced at £75 + VAT per hour.